Materials have hidden messages. These create a powerful link to our emotional psyches and shape our connection to daily life.
The w084 studioilse lamp is a sturdy friend, unpretentious and always there for us. We chose honest materials that carry clear messages: iron because of its feelings of stability, reliability, trust; wood because of its warmth and life, and mineral plastic because of its intimate glow, as well as its tactility.
Then we combined the three, trying to achieve a certain oddness. There is an innate awkwardness in the directional light that we wanted to amplify - rather as with people, this is a sympathetic quality, not a sin.
Design: Ilse Crawford
- The base is made of sand-casted iron that is treated with vegetable oil and then burnt. The arms are made of beech, the joints of die-cast aluminum and the shade is made of injection moulded chalk/glass/PBT.
- The light is dimmable at the turn of a dimmer button.
- Slightly transparent shade
- The white shade gives a slightly transparent glow.
- Friction joints
- The friction joints are used to adjust the arm to the preferred fixed position.
- Adjustable shade
- The shade can be adjusted both vertically and horizontally.
- Rotation mechanism
- A rotation mechanism in the iron base allows rotation of the lamp.
|Product name||w084 studioilise t2|
|Model||Table lamp – two arms|
|Material||Cast iron, aluminium, beech, PBT|
|Cord length||200 cm - textile cable|
|Light source||Halogen IRC, socket: GY 6.35 – included|
|Watt||Max 35 W|
|Colour temperature||3000 K|
|Light source life expectancy||2000 h|
|Packaging dimensions||L60 x W45 x H20 cm (0,05 m3)|
|Gross weight||5.8 kg|
|Colour||Art. no. / EAN code|
|Red cable||084T200 / 7330492005546|