This lamp references an archetypal personal desk lamp for home or office use, and seeks to offer a fresh interpretation of the familiar on a domestic scale. The lamp is predominantly made from brass - a material commonly associated with lights, though not so widely used today. The intention was to create a simple form with a clear distinction between a base, a single arm and a lamp head. The lamp has no visible joints and minimal directional movement, without compromising its function.
Design: David Chipperfield
- w102 chipperfield is made of solid brass. The base is forged and the shade is spun. The parts are brushed and treated with a clear matt lacquer.
- Integrated LED
- The light technology is based on an energy-efficient, high quality LED solution, which gives a warm white light.
- Optical lenses
- Optical lenses offer good light distribution and glare-protection.
- Smooth rotation
- A ball bearing construction enables smooth rotation between the upper and lower base parts.
- Adjustable shade
- The shade can be adjusted 140° (+/– 70°) around its horizontal axis.
- The integrated dimmable LED driver is operated by a dimmer button, made of solid brass.
|Product name||w102 chipperfield|
|Cord length||230 cm|
|Light source||Integrated LED – included|
|Colour temperature||3000 K|
|Light source life expectancy||50.000 h|
|Packaging dimensions||L58.5 x W32,5 x H17 cm (0.033 m3)|
|Packaging weight||4 kg|
|Colour||Art. no. / EAN code|
|Brass||102T100 / 7330492005003|